If you’ve been following my 1972 Frolic camper restoration project then you’ve seen a lot of our before and after pictures here. And at one point I even said that you’ve probably seen the last of the inside work, but there was one last project that had to be dealt with in the Pink Paradise. The bathroom doorway and door.
The door was heavy, ugly, and to be honest, I just didn’t like it. Not to mention that both had been chewed on by rodents.. I saved the door project for last hoping that as the rest of the remodel came together I’d know exactly what I wanted to do about the door. Hubby and I were discussing what we were going to do with it one day and I told him I’d like a Dutch door, and nearly at the same time he suggested building a French Door.
And here is what we created after putting our two heads together.
Hubby made the trim and the doors; I painted them. I just love the cottage look it gives the camper. Plus, we can still see all the hard work we did remodeling the bathroom.
I’m now in search for some old door latches that will work on the doors. Always another adventure!
Coming soon – pictures of her new paint job!